Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday in the yard...

Well, I have to admit, I lazied out yesterday and didn't attack the cactus bed. Instead, I watched "Vampire Circus" on MonstersHD and when it got dark, we built a fire in the pit, had some beers and watched the ISS glide overhead in the crystal clear night sky. I did the cactus this morning after I got home from taking care some early morning work at the sound studio I'm working on. I ended up with two shopping bags of prickly pear pads, so if you want some, drop me a line. I hit the local garden center which was having a sale of pots and planters and picked up a nicely glazed, two foot all and almost as wide one. I planted a pot bound yucca, some chicks and hens and a few prickly pear pads in it and set it in the inside corner where my living room and kitchen come together. It gets relentless sun all day and it's perfect for succulents and such.




It should do perfect there, although I'm planning on getting a banana plant next spring, so it will have to share the space.
I also dethatched a bit of lawn in a high wear area and seeded it, watered all the new shrubs and now I'm having a Guinness and scraping cactus spines out of my flesh. Ugh.


sow what you will...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home