Saturday, March 28, 2009

rain and more rain...

I can't catch a break here. It's going to be raining all weekend again. I really need to divide and replant my daylilies before much longer, they're already almost a foot tall. It's been too wet to dig and till the new bed, so that's that.
We're going to decide where the new raised beds are going this weekend. I'm thinking eight 6 x 6 beds, with 36" between them should do it. That will allow for adequate crop rotation and large enough for semi intensive growing of produce that can be easily preserved. At least I can head out and look for some cedar planking today and the hardware I need to erect them. This is probably going to be more expensive then I'm imagining, but I don't want to use treated lumber, I don't care how safe they say it is these days.
I'll let you know where we finally decide to situate them, once we stop arguing and I give in, as usual! :)
Later.



sow what you will...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home