Saturday, May 2, 2009

it's Handy Goth..!

I was really hoping to be able to work in the yard today, but it's been raining off and on for past two days and will again tomorrow, so I whipped up this little compost sifter out of some old lumber I had in the shed and a piece of 1/2" galvanized hardware cloth I had hanging around. The sifter part feet wide and three feet long and the outer frame fits nicely over my big wheelbarrow, but it can be made any size you want. Here's some pictures and a little demo movie.











I'm going to put a few coats of linseed oil on it tomorrow to protect it from moisture and when it dries, I'll rub the two rails the screen rides on the the bottom sides of the screen with a paraffin candle to make it slide easier, then it's ready to go.

Have a good one.




sow what you will...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home