Saturday, June 20, 2009

the latest project...

the brackets for the living room book shelves are finally assembled...



I spent yesterday at the drill press, drilling all the screw holes and counter sinks, then spent two hours assembling everything. Today is going to be a wasted day, we have a combination graduation party and Father's day party to attend, so nothing else will get done until tomorrow, when I'll shoot the line around the room with the laser level and start putting up the brackets. After they're mounted to the walls, I'll rip and trim to length the ledger strips to support the back of the shelves, prime and paint them, then spend Monday putting them up. I might actually have this done by the 4th, maybe even have the inset bookcase over the mantle assembled, stained and in place as well. We'll see.

More rain today. Everything is growing like gang busters. The Thuja that I put in last May are almost three times the size they were then. All the perennials and annuals are lush and full and huge. Even the vegetables are going wild. I've yet to use any of the irrigation system I put in last year.
Well, I've a few errands to run before we leave for the festivities. Enjoy the day.




sow what you will...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home